The origins of Brackley & District Bowling Club stem back to 1921 with first A.G.M. in 1922, when two rinks were set out in Pebble Lane with a small wooden building serving as a pavilion. Members used the Conservative Club for meals. Later members wives would provide meals in The Church Institute in Manor Road Later two more rinks were added and an extension to the pavilion that provided a well-supported social side with bingo being a regular event and the bar opening 3 or 4 times a week.
In 1974 the club moved to its present site in Westminster Road off Buckingham Road with a green that can support 7 rinks outdoor.
In 1975 a 3 rinks indoor was opened.
A further 2 rinks and a large function room and kitchen were added in 1992.